Sunday, June 14, 2015

Reflection on Annotations 2 & 3

This week has I continued searching, evaluating, and summarizing articles and journals for  my literature review. I was able to meet  Annotations 2 target of 40 sources. At this moment, I am very close to the finishing line number of 60.

As I search for sources, my goal is to have articles that address the four research question on the research topic. Going through the process, I can now see how my topic relates to prior research and I also have a better understanding of the relevance of the topic.

Having met my annotations 2 target, I feel a bit relaxed because that was the hardest part-getting 20 new sources  in three days-given that I had not fully recovered from the  mental overload of the first 20 articles for Annotations 1.

My advice is staying organized and on task . As Dr. Weaver stated in one of her post, “No slaking”.

I reached a point  when I felt was approaching  a  saturation point.  I was coming up with the same articles even when I changed the search terms, especially on  the same database. My experience has been to  formulating search phrases that are related to main idea. For example, the phase “social learning analytics” in combination with my best search terms  yielded a lot of new sources. This assignment is  more of a “brainstorming alternative phrases or synonyms to my main idea” than the prewriting process of searching for sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment